To Blog or Not to Blog

The fad a while back amongst birders of all levels was to blog, it was a way to share your trips, whats been seen and the enjoyment of the event. Slowly but surely social media took a bigger hold and now Facebook groups, Whats app groups, Insta and Twitter have taken over.

Blogs from people had started up everywhere, myself included. I started this shortly after i started birding, 10 years ago, as of October 2020.

Like others, as you can see, from the "further reading" tab to the right, most stopped about the same time. Some hard core bloggers have continued and some do make good reading. Do i read them as religously as i used to, no. I look in maybe once every 4-5 weeks for a cursery catch up.

However, what caught my eye the other day, was when i read my own posts. Most of it is utter dribble and this is a running theme through most blogs out there i've read. I'm sure this possiby could offend some but please dont let it. Why? becuase its my/your dibble. It meant something to me/you. It brought back memories of the little things that i had totally forgotten. The bits that actually made the day if it was a twitch or the smaller events, that made a trip round a patch more memorable. These generally were the non birding moments.

Does it matter that i only look at bloggs infrequently? proabably not. Should i interact with these blogs more and make more comment? proabably yes.

Does it matter i cannot spell or my grammer is terrible? Yes of course but will this change, no it wont.

So, a return to blogging? Why not, if anything i can read it again it 10 years and realise i was still writting dribble. Where to begin........oh hang on.....


Comments