it was going to happen just a matter of when.....

A reason for an almost trip to Dungeness yesterday was to view my first Glaucous Gull, so when Bird Guides announced one had been seen again today at West Canvey Marsh i took a trip over there.
 
So far i have been really fortunate with my "twitches" to specific birds, ive managed to connect with all, so today was going to happen it was just a matter of time. I dipped it!
 
I froze regions i never new existed for an hour and half before heading back.
 
Green Sanpiper, Oytercatcher x2, Black Tailed Godwit x2 & Mediterranean Gull x2 on show to pass the time.
 


 
 
 

Comments

Jim said…
Like you said Lee, It was just a question of when not if.
I've dipped the Pallas's Warbler at Moor Lakes 2 weeks on the trot now.
Get yourself down to Dungeness,I've made maybe 10-12 trips there and I've seen the Glaucous Gull on every visit except one, and I didn't look that hard for it on that occasion.

Good Luck with your next twitch.
Jim