Ingrebourne Valley - Finally Bullfinches

I managed to get over Ingrebourne this morning by about 7.30 and had what must be my best venture into the Valley yet.

It started well with a male singing Cettis Warbler that then decided to pop up right in front of me just after the play area; In total 3 seen Cettis Warbler through the morning. Walking to the first viewing area were plenty of Whitehthroat and a Reed Warbler. The star around the viewing area was a Cuckoo sitting in the lone tree on the island. A first for 2012.




Plenty of Swift, House Martin and Swallow up on the hill along with Skylark and a single Meadow Pipit.

More Warblers: Blackcap, Willow Warbler & Chiffchaff.

For the last few weeks i've been trying hard to find Bullfinches. I've heard others seeing them regularly, so i've swotted up on calls and songs recently and this morning it paid off. Bullfinches x2 one male one female.

courtesy of www.raywilsonbirdphotography.co.uk

courtesy of www.talkphotography.co.uk

I also had what i think was a Spotted Flycatcher (see previous post).

A great morning, no rain, sun was shining and a total of 49 species, the highest for me over there to date and a few common species not seen today: House Sparrow, Dunnock, Goldfinch and Raptors to name a few.

It also takes my patchlist for the Valley in 2012 to 66

Comments